Helping You Understand How To Maximize Your Workers’ Comp Benefits
At Matheson and Horowitz, we are committed to helping workers who have been injured on the job. These individuals are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and deserve to receive the maximum compensation for their losses.
Types Of Benefits Available
There are a variety of different types of workers’ compensation–related benefits available, such as:
- Medical benefits: As a result of the injury you suffered at work, your employer is expected to provide an authorized doctor and specialists, when needed, who can comprehensively address your medical needs. In addition, if you are in need of hospitalization, medications, medical tests and other support, your employer’s insurer is responsible for providing for these, as well.
- Lost wages: You are entitled to all or at least a portion of your lost wages from the time you were out of work due to your injury. However, the amount of money, the frequency of payments and the length of time you receive payments vary based on your specific situation and whether you have:
- Temporary total disability
- Temporary partial disability
- Impairment income benefits
- Permanent total disability
- Death benefits: Unfortunately, a work injury can lead to the death of the injured worker. If the death occurs within one year of the date of the accident or five years from the date that the continuous disability was noted, the surviving family members may be entitled to monetary benefits.
How We Can Help
It is never a good idea to face a legal issue on your own. Having a lawyer on your side is essential. Clients come to us with numerous questions about workers’ comp and the benefits to which they are entitled. Our attorneys focus their full attention on workers’ compensation cases and have more than 60 years of combined experience, making our firm a reliable advocate for you.
We have experience not only with handling all aspects of the claim application process but the denial and appeals aspects, as well. Our firm does not back down from getting you the benefits you deserve, utilizing our extensive trial experience if the case needs to progress to court. This insight has helped us be extremely successful in securing compensation for our past clients.
Get Started With Us Today
Schedule a free consultation with our legal team and learn more about the different types of benefits that are provided by workers’ compensation. Call our Vero Beach office at 772-569-2667 or contact us online.